Tyra Banks received praise from the executive producer of “Dancing with the Stars” following Monday’s elimination snafu when Banks announced the wrong contestants in danger of going home.
Speaking Tuesday to “Entertainment Tonight,” executive producer Andrew Llinares said the show’s new host “dealt” with the on-air drama “amazingly.”
“I just want to be really clear, this was not Tyra’s fault. It was a behind-the-scenes issue,” Llinares said.
Earlier in the week, Banks mistakenly announced the wrong celebrity-professional pair up for elimination on the ABC competition series. The 46-year-old host initially — and mistakenly — announced that NFL star Vernon Davis and dancer Peta Murgatroyd were in the bottom two, but “Cheer’s” Monica Aldama and partner Val Chmerkovskiy were actually in danger of being sent home.
Anne Heche and Keo Motsepe were also in the bottom two and were ultimately sent packing, with the 51-year-old actress storming off the set as a result, Page Six was told.
Banks, who stood up to her critics last month in a TikTok video, also addressed Monday’s blunder on Twitter.